Re: Suncoast Hood / Ram Air Kit ?

From: TonyC (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 11:43:08 EST

Bob,
 I went to look at this hood in person 2 weeks ago. Here's the poop.

The hood in functional mode will drop air out of an outlet hole directly
above the area where the snorkel comes out of the stock airbox (behind the
passenger headlight assy). Their functional kit has a hole in the bottom of
the hood, and a snockel adapter to the stock airbox (or complete airbox, not
sure).

To do what you want, I think you could modify the hood to drop air above
(forward of) the airhat. You would need to get a 14x3 type filter with an
outer case that is open on top, and then seal it to the underside of the
hood with a foam gasket to do what you are thinking of.

If you want to hold off a little, Steve (stcr@lvcm.com) was trying to put
together a group buy. I think the savings were about $100. Check with him.
TonyC