Re: Suncoast Hood / Ram Air Kit ?

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@cox.net)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 11:55:18 EST

I'd forget the ram air kit and opt for a 10" open air filter with K&N. There
should be enough air coming in to cool off the engine bay temps so you won't
lose too much power on those really hot days (and you still have your IAT
adjuster don't you?). Don't put the stock airbox back in as it will not only
look like crap, but imho the round air filter will deliver more hp.

Also, are you going to get the optional heat extractors? I think these are
an excellent idea, but question if they will work as an extractor or
induction. Either way the "extractors" will deliver more fresh air to the
open air filter. Plus they will look great from the driver's seat :-)

--
Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport

"bob" <bocd@OPTONLINE.NET> wrote in message news:3C93489F.6060408@optonline.net... > > Hey Guys, > I'm gonna be placing an order for the Suncoast Hood on Monday and don't > know if I want the ram air kit....I know the "ram air" doesn't do > squat...but the outside air will help. > I think you need to use the stock air box for the ram air kit. I don't > want to put that ugly box back in. > and was just thinking about opening up the scoops and mybe putting a top > mounted chrome air cleaner on it and getting rid of my home brew K&N deal. > How about some input on the kit....your ideas. > Bob > >