Re: 4wd on dry road, why not?

From: Aaron Hatfield (redmopar99@ntlworld.com)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 12:18:08 EST

4WD is different than AWD. It puts undue stress on your transfer case and
transmission. Trust me it ain't pretty when it goes either!! We had a truck
come into the shop that someone on our flighline was driving around in 4WD
... well to make a long story short ... I don't think they ever did find all
the parts! This thing left a mess all over the flightline where our F-15E's
are housed! As someone with experience in fixing things like that ... I
wouldn't recommend it. I would say if you're lucky you would only mess up
your driveshaft/u-joints. Then again "if" is the world's biggest word!!

Aaron
99 RC V6 4X2