Re: acceleration hesitation, help!!!

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 21:17:39 EST

Hey Rob,

    Did you recently replace anything that you can think may be causing the
problem? here is my scenario...

    I just recently started having the same problem with my 95 5.2 motor. It
has about 160,000 miles on it and the symptoms started around 150,000. I have
tried replacing the crank postion sensor, cam position sensor(hall effect
pickup), cap, rotor, plugs (autolite 3923's), wires (MSD), injectors (FMS
24#), coolant temp sensor, and oil/filter. Also note that the problem began
about a month or so after installing cam (hughes 1418)/lifters/valve springs
(hughes double coil to handle .544 lift), intake manifold (hughes stage 2),
throttle body (hughes stage 2 from brand new Mopar TB including new TP
sensor, IAC, and MAP sensor). My next stage of investigation is to replace
the IAT sensor (currently wired to Speedtweaks adjuster, so I'm pretty sure
that isn't the problem), PCV valve, and some vacuum lines. If none of these
replacements work my theory is eiher ignition/coil prob (I'm currently
running the MSD digital 6+ and MSD HVC coil) or sticky/dirty intake valves
(at 160,000 miles this is quite likely). The small stuff I will have replaced
in the next month and I'll have a new set of heads (hughes R/T stage 1)
within 2 months, if it still happens then I'm screwed.

John S