Re: timing chain?

From: Mike Styer (m_styer@go.com)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 23:50:59 EST

Do you have mechanical skills, say enough to remove and reinstall your throttle body? If so, the labor time should run about 1-1/2 to 2 hours counting on old gasket material will be a nuisance to get off.

Sorry, I don't know how much the Can. prices would be for parts, but a Mopar timing chain runs about $60 US and aftermarket $35 US. Then include a timing cover gasket,water pump gasket, and new antifreeze (optional).

Mike S.
I can change my timing chain in less than hour now :)