Re: Fw: 1/4 mile times WooHoo (a bit long)

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 09:00:50 EST

At 07:13 AM 3/17/02 -0500, you wrote:

>--snip--
>Also tire pressure play would have been a benefit. You guys with drag
>radials, what pressures do you tend to start at. TonyC

Congrats, Tony. Your times are VERY consistent.

I run with 17lb on my BFG drag tires (+/- 1/2 lb on either side depending
on if a tire is spinning more than the other off the launch). This is with
a weight of 1,550 lb on the rear (truck + 3/8 tank), 3.91SG and
3,000 stall (flash) converter.

I'm almost down to the wear bars on the BFGs so I've switched to
the MTs (same size as yours). I'll probably have to experiment again
with tire pressure when the track opens, what with the MTs being non-
radials.

Bob