Re: OT - Sunday's Cup Race

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 13:43:54 EST

Oh, yeah. Working your way thru the field at Drlington is a piece of
cake. What have you been smoking?

The statistic on WC races at Darlington is something like 84 out of 97
races were won by people who started in the top ten.

Maybe that should be the new strategy! Qualify high, change engines and
then just coast to the front. Such a deal~!

Richard

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002 12:12:43 EST B1LLYW@aol.com writes:

> Not to take anything away from Sterling, and I certainly like Dodge
> to win,
> but I want to clear up a misconception.
>
> Yes Sterling started 43rd because of an engine change. And yes he
> came to
> the front. However, remember that he originally qualifed 11th.
> Even though
> he started 43rd, he still got to keep that original pit stall. So
> once he
> got towards the front of the pack, it was really as if he had
> started up
> there anyway.
>
> It's not like he qualified 43rd, got the worst pit box, and had to
> keep
> coming from the rear throughout the race.
>
> Like I said, I'm glad he won but, because of his original pit
> position, it's
> not like he was taking a huge chance swapping motors and starting at
> the
> rear.
>
> Bill White - www.moparforme.com
> '02 Quad Cab 4x4, SLT+, 4.7, 5 speed, 3.92's, Airaid

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.