Re: oil filter relocation

From: Mark (Gilpin.MCKnospam@lycos.com)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 15:22:35 EST

A little tip. When relocating a filter, pick your spot, and mount it with
the filter about 15 degrees off of vertical with the end of the filter over
the exact spot you would like the oil to go to. With the filter tipped a
little, when the seal "breaks" as you loosen it, the oil will flow down the
side of the filter and run off of the lowest point ( I know, duh...), but
mounting the filter to take advantage of this can save a lot of clean up
time. Any of you with 4WD daks know about the oil running down the front
axle brace.

Mark

""Eric"" <ontheluce@alltel.net> wrote in message

> Hi Guys.
> Got a question. I've seen posts on oil filter relocation kits from places
> like Summit Racing on here recently for Dakota owners with 2WD ,V-8s.
I've
> just purchased one of those kits and would like your advise on where you
> have found to be the best place to re-mount. The only possibility I can
see
> is just ahead of the front wheel on the passenger side between the splash
> shield and the lower valance panel. Not sure whether to go horizontal or
> vertical there. Any other ideas? Possibly downstream of the motor????
Thanks