RE: Hemi motor - Update

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@MCTSSA.USMC.MIL)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 09:22:51 EST

You are right on the HP and TQ. The designer of the 4.7 wanted a low-end
torque around 1500 and a almost flat band across the RPM range.

The first truck that will receive this motor is the heavy duty Rams and then
the Ram 1500 Sport will receive in the latter part of the winter to early
springtime. About that time (spring), the Ram SRT-10 will make its
appearance. Then in the fall the 2004 Dakota SRT-8 should be on the
doorstep with the hemi 5.7.

Steven St.Laurent
C2 IOW/IOS Engineer
C4i Engineering Branch, PSD, MCTSSA