Re: jet chip and MP PCM together?

From: TonyC (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 21:44:18 EST

John,

Sorry about the late reply, problems with my ISP and E-mail.

My 99 DA RC R/T (Charles Smith's old truck) that has a Jet piggybacked on
the MP PCM. It runs well to say the least. NA on a stock motor (short
block, heads, and intake) I ran a 13.888 @ 97.34 with an 1/8 of 8.871 @
78.01. You WILL need premium gas. I run this combo on the street as well.

Mods for the 13.888:
MP PCM
Jet chip (stage2)
K&N Gen2
52 mm TB by Fastman
IAT relocated to K&N intake tube
MP ceramic coated (in & out) headers
gutted cat
MagnaFlow 3 in/3out straight thru turbo muffler
3" exhaust all the way out
open dump in front of the muffler
underdrive crank pulley
underdrive water pump pulley
180 degree thermostat
clutch fan removed
permacool 16" electric fan
better wires, cap & rotor
MT E/T Streets 26x10.5x15 on Durango 15x8 rims (21psi)
Roll Pan
no front sway bar
Tailgate off (race only)
Hard Tonneau off (race only)
No spare (race only)

Since that run, I have added the following:
15K resistor in place of the IAT (race only)
short belt running alt and water pump (race only)
Accel coil (factory style in factory location)
CalTracs (half turn preload)

I tested newest mods at my local 1/8 mile track (which is slower than the
1/4 an hour away) this week, and ran an 8.777 @ 78.52. I had the last 3 out
of 4 passes all within .005 in ET and .2 mph of each other. Talk about
consistency!!! I also pulled a 1.923 60 footer after the CalTrac install.

This truck in street trim (tailgate,tonneau,spare, RSAs) ran a 14.267 @
96.54 before the more recent mods.

Does that answer your question as to whether they work ok together?

TonyC