RE: Waterpump change on 5.2l

From: brad k (brad70_98@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 18:49:52 EST

Rick,

I had to change mine after 39k on my 98 Dak.

You need to remove the fan(big adjustable
wrench),radiator shroud, hoses and the usual stuff.
The AC and other accesories can be unbolted and moved
to the side.

Just make sure the water pump you get has the water
pump pulley pressed in. I think sometime in 98 they
switched to a pressed fit one.(Mine was pressed fit)

It's a real PITA trying to get the old one off and
pressed on to the new one if it's not!

Brad K.

98 Dakota CC 4x4 5.2L, 3.55LSD, 32x11.5 BFG M/T
Gibson Exhaust, JBA headers and Y-Pipe MP PCM, 3923's
180 T-stat, Taylor Wires, K&N FIPK2, Accel Cap/Rotor,
IAT Adjuster, Ported TB, Autometer Gauges, Low-Tek Pod
Awaiting Install: TransGo Shift Kit, Ported Heads,
Modified Intake, thunderform, IQD subs