Re: Power Steering Whine!

From: KenCo (kenco.fish@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 21:26:13 EST

MAGNUM S/T wrote:

> The pump eh? :(
>
> I don't think its the belt slipping or bolts rolling around. The whine is
> exactly the same as when your out of PS fluid (for those of you with this
> experience). Its a whine/moan sound that changes tone whenever the wheel is
> turned (and gets louder whenever the wheel is turned).
>
> It was doing this last year every now and again as well. Up to this point I
> assumed that the pump is either good and works...or is bad and don't. I
> hadn't thought that it may be "going" on me?? Damn

p.s. the pressure relief valve may have dirt on it,
the smaller line is pressure, big nut that it attaches
to is cover for relief valve, remove them and clean
the piston and seat.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold, 401-781-9642

make a no-cost donation to save the rain forrests here http://rainforest.care2.com/welcome?w=981743017

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.