Re: Gas Mileage -V6 - 22mpg

From: Silver89 (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 00:00:35 EST

My Silver89 4x4 has had the best mileage since I got it, @ 10.8 MPG... I'm
still working on why its that low!

And I have a lead foot too. I have been keeping trask of my fill ups since
Jan 13th. So far I have:

spent $231.95 on fuel...
made 11 fill ups...
burned 152.543 gal's of regular unleaded 87 octane...
and driven 1,327 miles...
for an average of 8.7 MPG...

NOT good for a 3.9L V6 and now uel prices are rising above $1.60 for regular,
here in Chicago. I'm still trying to track the problem down. I know I have
trans problems as I have stated. Overdrive isn't behaving. And I want to
check my rear diff gears. I'm also going to replace the O2 sensors... havn't
replaced those yet.

My worst MPG was when I was doing plow work... got 5.394 MPG.

Gottta get tha' fhak'n fuel fiasco figured out fast! (say that 10 times fast)

nyuk nyuk nyuk!!

--

"That one has a strange blue neon thing... I'm guessing theres cocane up there" - Eddie Vedder

Tom (Silver98) http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/

1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow