Re: Torsion Bar Adjustment

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 08:08:54 EST

I don't recall if the bolts are left-hand threaded or not, but it's pretty
easy. One turn of the bolt = 1/4 inch lift. Just get the truck up on the
lift, find the bolts at the rear t-bar mounts, grab each bolt and turn it 4
times. This is also a great chance to level your Dak side to side if it's
"off"

Wish I could do this but that stupid crossmember is folded over the right
side bolt.

Mr. Plow wrote:

> Ok, i can't remember the specific process for lifting the front end about
> an inch by way of adjusting the torsion bars.
> I started looking through the archives, and realized it'a almost 3:00 am,
> and i should REALLY be asleep right now...... :)
>
> Anyways, can someone give me a shout about this? I'll be able to get to a
> friend's garage with a lift this week, so i want to do the adjustment
> then.
>
> Thanks,
>

> The Adam Blaster

-andy