Re: Auto Part Stores

From: Paul Bullerman (hemi287@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 07:07:37 EST

It is hard to stay competetive. THe company I work for has 9 parts stores.
I have to compete with Pep Boys who can sell the same trico wiper blade
retail at $2 less than my jobber. If it wasnt for paint sales, I wouldnt
have a decent budget to work with, however, GP% on paint isnt great either.
Its hard for me to find and keep good personnel when I cant pay them what
they are worth.
Even worse, there is an auto auction in my area, so most of my wholesale is
dirt cheap. You have to be, or they just wont buy from you.
Paul