RE: Sbolt purpose (bernd)

From: tmfu (tmfu@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 23:38:41 EST

> I guess I fail to see the point of the sbolt... I understand
> grinding those ridges down, but not the sbolt.

If you look at the current bolt that is there on the TB, it has a flat piece
of metal there that will distrupt the air flow going into the tb. The trick
is to remove(unbolt from the TB) that metal piece and bolt. The thing is
that the hole in the airhat is offset from the bolt hole on the TB. So you
replace that mess with a nice piece of threaded rod. If you're gonna port
your own TB, then invest in a Dremel tool..

Greg
2K1 Neon ES
website - http://kernelpanic.dyn.dhs.org/neon
ICQ:283886 / AIM:tmfu