Re: How do I remove this muffler?

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 29 2002 - 07:23:30 EST

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> Andy,
>
> Are you replacing it with a cat-back system, or are you just swapping
> out the muffler? If you're doing a cat back system, just have at it
> with the sawzall.

It's just a FM 50 that I'm swapping in.

> If you're keeping the pipes, another option is to
> just cut the whole clamp section off, then pick up a piece of exhaust
> tubing or two at a parts store to go from the stock pipes to the muffler
> on each side. (Some careful measuring may be required in order to locate
> the new muffler in the proper orientation to the hangar.)

I've done some rough measuring and it looks like the FM 50 is the exact
length of the OEM muffler. No extensions!

> BTW, if you feel like making the drive, you are welcome to stop
> by; I'd be happy to help you with it - shouldn't take very long
> with the proper tools at hand. :-)

"Proper tools", eh?
http://www.dakota-truck.net/MEET/dmlbbq03/pics/andy/Friday/020.jpg

> Jason and Norah will be
> stopping by sometime in the fairly near future to do some work on
> their Dak, we could probably coordinate a DML mini-meet. ;-)

That'd be cool, when will they be coming down? I'm on the road to Ottawa
the weekend of April 12.

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com