Re: O/T: digital camera suggestions?

From: Lora J. Knepper (DakotaRebel98@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Mar 30 2002 - 10:53:03 EST

> looking to buy a half decent camera, thinking sony dsc-p30 or fujifilm
> finepix a201, any other suggestions in this price range??? ( $ 400 cdn )

Mmm...cameras are my specialty :o) Photography is my passion outside of the
truck, though at least this I know something about!

Fujifilm's offerings are very very nice cameras - in fact, if I had the
money, I would have gotten one myself to compliment my SLR so I wouldn't
need to scan so much. Sony's are also very nice and take great pictures,
but take Andy's warning seriously. Their major downfall is the Sony Memory
Stick - you WILL pay and arm and a leg for those things.

Hewlett Packard also puts out some real nice low cost digital cameras, but
no one seems to take them seriously since they are not a "camera" name. I
love them though. You may want to look into those. Just whatever you do,
steer clear from Kodak... I got one cheap off a friend against my better
judgement for truck pics, and it's held up only to the low quality I've seen
from Kodak (used to see a ton of those returned to the lab).

~ lora

Lora J. Knepper
AIM: Rebel39SPT Email: lora@mydodgedakota.com
www.mydodgedakota.com
'Rebel' - 1998 Dakota Sport, RC, Deep Amethyst, 2WD, 3.9L V6
Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, Mopar Bed Rails and Light Bar, KC
OffRoad Lights, Drop-In Liner, Custom Decals, Tinted Rear Window
Kenwood 10-CD Changer, CB Radio