Old Starting Problem - Attn Ron Taylor

From: Lora J. Knepper (DakotaRebel98@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Mar 30 2002 - 11:05:29 EST

Hey Ron, no prob :o)

As for the Dak, well I was getting worried about having to find someone with
the tools to let me drop the tank an make sure everything was kosher with
the pump assy. .... but, I figured in a bit of "I'm extremely poor"
desperation, the last time I was in Wal-mart I picked up a $1.50 bottle of
super concentrated injector cleaner. My tank was a tad too full when I
tried to put it in *squirm* ... hehe.. I hate fuel additives, and I only
ever think to use them right after I fill the bloody tank.. but anywho, got
**most** of it in, and on only about 20 miles with it and standard 87
octane, she's already running much smoother. I've not had the starting
problem again since *knock on wood*, but I'm keeping a bottle of dry gas in
the bed just in case, and the accel problem seems to be getting better with
the cleaner, as well as smoothing out the idle. Makes me think for how good
the truck was babied from her last owner, perhaps we both forgot that the
injectors need to be cleaned out - and for how good my dealership is back
north, they didn't remember to check it either.

I figure if this works, a dollar fifty every three months is much better
than a few hundred and a huge mess in my apt's parking lot as I drop the
tank ;o)

~ lora

Lora J. Knepper
AIM: Rebel39SPT Email: lora@mydodgedakota.com
www.mydodgedakota.com
'Rebel' - 1998 Dakota Sport, RC, Deep Amethyst, 2WD, 3.9L V6
Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, Mopar Bed Rails and Light Bar, KC
OffRoad Lights, Drop-In Liner, Custom Decals, Tinted Rear Window
Kenwood 10-CD Changer, CB Radio