Hella's are Fixed!

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sat Mar 30 2002 - 16:50:19 EST

Hey, DML!
I posted a week or so ago about the Hella compressor sh**ting the
bed...well...nice weather...WTF...checked the relay (again) ...ok...checked
the switch continuity...ok...checked the horn wiring...ok...pulled the
compressor & the spade connections were purty cruddy- all rusted
up...Dremeled em off with a small burr & cleaned the female spades on the
wiring ...nada...
Soooooo, I said WTF (again) & pulled the compressor apart. All rusted up
inside. Brushes corroded, connections rusty...cleaned everything with the
Dremel...applied dielectric grease to everything I could reach & reassembled
the compressor...Wired it up outside the DAKSY & hooked up the air hoses &
hit the horn & ......

They SCREAM!

Sure glad I didn't throw in the towel & spring for the $500+
Buell-Strobos(whew!)

Yeah babeee! Workin outside! Warm! Gotta love the springtime!

Bob Smith (Daksy2K on AIM)
2K DAKSY CC Sport +
3.9l; V6: 4X4
(1 of 980 2K DAKSYs mfrd)
For the mods,details, etc., visit us at:

http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/

(ps, we're still working on it...
Susan on the page; me on the DAKSY! )