Re: QuadCab sun roof

From: Iver Nielsen (dakota4x4v8@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 10:44:31 EST

It's very true that the body support comes from the pillars and the top of
the door opening. The roof skin itself does need structure to keep it from
sagging and flapping up and down under the buffeting of highway speed winds.
That is what the ribs are for.

As to your original question, I'm not sure. One side of me is thinking the
frame for the sunroof would be stronger than the sheet metal roof. The other
side is wondering about supporting the added weight.

Good luck. I hope you find a right answer.

Iver
dakota4x4v8@hotmail.com