Re: NEXT GEN DAKOTA CANCELLED!

From: Ed Buxton (flamin_red_dakota@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 16:15:29 EST

The article was correct, the truck is to close in
price to a full size. In today's corporate atmosphere,
German or otherwise, it doesn't pay to service a
"niche market".

Most people probably, like myself, when pricing the
quad cab took a gander at the RAMS. I traded in the
Club Cab Dakota and walked out with a loaded Quad Cab
Ram for thousands less than a 4 door Dak...and I got
to keep my full size bed also.

I'm not knocking the Dak, although the quality was
questionable, but it ain't making enough profit for
the CEO's you can't survive on their 7 figure incomes
and rely on bonuses....

Dakota