Re: ABS - all or just rears, how do I tell?

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 23:21:52 EST

I believe thatthe four wheel abs option included rear discs, so if the truck
has rear disc brakes then it should be 4 wheel abs, if it has drum brakes in
the rear then its RWAL (rear wheel anti lock). Also when you first start up
the vehicle there should be a dash light which indicates the system. It will
either have an RWAL light or an ABS light. If you are doing the rears you'll
need to know the drum size as there where 2 different sizes depending on
engine option.

John S

95 cc 5.2 auto, transgo shift kit, 4.10 gears, auburn LSD, superior axles, MP
PCM, DT headers, Gibson exhaust (3" from headers back, no cat) MSD digi6+
ignition, MSD HVC coil, MSD 8.5 wires, HD cap&rotor, autolite 3923's, K&N
X-stream filter (14x3.5), 180 stat, 1 quart oil filter (Trans-dapt
relocated), Hughes stage II TB and intake manifold, Hughes 1418 cam, Hughes
1.6:1 aluminum roller rockers, progear DR timing chain, MP valve covers, 24#
FMS injectors, Speedtweaks IAT adjuster