Re: Which Shocks For Better Handling?

From: Jason Yates (onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 18:30:41 EST

Bill,
Last week I installed my Rancho RSX's. I took 'em on their
first good road trip this weekend and loved them. My buddy once
told me that I drive my 4x4 on the pavement like I think its a
sports car; off-road, I drive it like its a rally car. My point
is that I know what you're going for with handling. I drove
some seriously twisty roads in West Virginia and the body roll
seemed improved. Potholes are now barely noticeable either. I
really think these RSX's are a good alternative to more
expensive shocks, such as Edelbrock's IAS and Blisteins. I have
heard though that the IAS's are a better street oriented shock.
The stock shocks are absolutely terrible though, so no matter
what you go with, you'll probably be happy. If you haven't
heard yet, Rancho is offering buy 3 get 1 free on the RSX and
the RS9000's. It's a hard to deal to beat right now.

If you really want to improve your canyon carving abilities, it
sounds like the Roadmaster suspension product
(http://www.roadmastersuspension.com) is the thing to get. I
haven't gotten one yet, but that will probably be my next
purchase. Everyone on the list with them have nothing but good
things to say.

Good luck,
JY