Re: Re: hemi 2003

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 20:54:27 EST

They were intending to use the new Hemi for Nascar at
one point,I believe,but there was not enough time to
test it,probably. We may need a Hemi if the rule
changes help Chevy too much. Steve P.
--- Jim Miller WB5OXQ <wb5oxq@clearsource.net> wrote:

> I'll bet it finds it's way into the Dodge racing
> program to replace the 360s
> they use now. that'll piss off Chevy even more when
> it beats them worse ;-)
> Subject: DML: hemi 2003
>

> > been hearing mumbling about the appearance of a
> Hemi engine, and for
> 2003,
> > it'll go to Dodge, in the Ram Heavy Duty. The star
> is a 345-horsepower
> 5.7L
> > Hemi Magnum V-8. You want tech? You got it:
> "Crossflow aluminum cylinder
> > heads with hemispherical combustion chambers and
> investment cast, steel
> > rocker arm actuated splayed valves; two spark
> plugs per cylinder; direct
> > ignition with high-power coils; a cast, nodular
> iron crankshaft running in
> > cross-bolted steel main bearing caps." This all
> translates into less
> > vibration, consistent and fast combustion, and
> improved airflow
> >
> > --

=====
2001 Dodge Dakota 4X4 Sport RC,Flame Red/4.7L V8/45RFE auto/3.92 limited-slip/16" aluminum wheels/Infinity CD-cassette system.