Re: Synthetic gear oil question

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 23:26:20 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "*John*" <jkp61@horizonview.net>
To: "The DML" <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 10:48 PM
Subject: DML: Synthetic gear oil question

> It seems that whenever someone mentions switching thir differentials and
> gearboxes over to Synthetic oils they seem to use Redline. Is this the
> better quality product? Or is it what is recommended for Mopar? Or do
other
> synthetics work just as well? Thanks for any tips. My truck has 101,000mi
> and I imagine nothing has been changed except the engine oil. I'd say it's
> past due!
> ---

Redline, Amsoil, or Richmond (sold by Jegs) are all good quality. If you
have a Limited Slip Differential be sure to choose one that already has the
friction modifier in it. It will say on the container if it's blended for
LSDs. Otherwise you'll need to buy and add the friction modifier
separately.

Ray
"I used to have a handle on life, but it broke."