RE: Re: Synthetic gear oil question

From: *John* (jkp61@horizonview.net)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 00:21:10 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net]On Behalf Of Ray Block
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 11:26 PM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: DML: Re: Synthetic gear oil question

----- Original Message -----
From: "*John*" <jkp61@horizonview.net>
To: "The DML" <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 10:48 PM
Subject: DML: Synthetic gear oil question

Thanks for the reply, what about Mobil 1, Castrol, and the other more
commonly seen Syn. gear oils? Are they not as good? Also, I have to wonder
if I have a malfunctioning LSD, I've never known a pegleg rear to spin both
tires a 1/4 of the time and only one the rest. I was going to remove the
cover for a looksee and figured that would be a good time to go ahead and
change over. Thanks again, John.

Redline, Amsoil, or Richmond (sold by Jegs) are all good quality. If you
have a Limited Slip Differential be sure to choose one that already has the
friction modifier in it. It will say on the container if it's blended for
LSDs. Otherwise you'll need to buy and add the friction modifier
separately.

Ray
"I used to have a handle on life, but it broke."

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.