Re: NEXT GEN DAKOTA CANCELLED!

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 04:41:18 EST

Richard A Pyburn <rap777@juno.com> wrote:

: I agree with your first two statements. The Buzz Watch is pretty reliable
: and the LEGO-looking M80 made me realize the Power Wagon Hemi-powered
: Dakota R/T of my dreams was not to be. That's why I'm so hot on the Ram
: SRT-10. I've been enjoying the better power to weight ratio and
: maneuverability of Daks compared to Rams for 10 years now, but I'll go
: where the power is.

  Yeah, IMHO, if they want to make the Durango bigger, just stick it on
the Ram chassis - heck they already do that in Mexico - how much additional
tooling could it be? Then they can leave the Dak alone. I think its a big
mistake to get rid of the mid-size truck in the lineup.

: My loyalty to Dodge and Chrysler has never been in question, though.

   Ditto here - however, the Chrysler that my loyalties lie with died
in '98. I have no loyalty to Daimler whatsoever. At this point, I think
the only thing that would make me think better of Daimler is if they
sold back the company... I think the devious and blatantly immoral way
they took Chrysler over in the first place pretty much sets the tone
for their whole relationship with "the company formerly known as Chrysler".

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '70 Barracuda, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly | `----------------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'