RE: Hurst Shifter 01-02

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-ns.com)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 08:26:32 EST

Robert,
Thanks for the pics. The leather boot looks good. You mentioned noise.
Did you put any type of weather boot/seal under the leather one? Maybe this
is what you used the foam for. I'm working on cutting a 3/16" thick Nitrile
rubber gasket to lay under the regular shifter boot. This will keep the
weather and noise out of the cab. Above this, I'm going to try fitting one
of the Hurst "Super Boots". The stock boot on my '96 has the passengers
side built up about 1.25" to make it appear level. If the Hurst boot looks
funny, I may have to dream up something to level it out as well. I'll take
a couple pictures of both boots when I finish each one, and the install.
Let me know if you'd be interested in seeing them.
Rich