black/brown wire update!

From: Punch (2punch.crash2000@AHM.com)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 07:12:43 EST

well, why didn't the full of info DML, spot this one for me?

The '97 manual shows a black/tan wire which is
radio ground, and not part of either of the two
standard radio connectors. I have not seen this
particular part of the vehicle, but offhand I would
expect it to have some kind of lug on the end to
screw or clip onto the radio's metal case.

Assuming this one-year-removed information is
relevant at all, it should have been the last thing
disconnected when the old radio came out, and
the first thing connected when installing new.

If you didn't hook anything up for a ground wire,
your radio may be getting ground through the
antenna cable (not good), or through a dash
mounting strap (maybe okay, depending on
ignition noise, alternator whine, etc.), or ?

**
98 Dakota,CC,V6,Amethyst,Homebrew,DynoMax Cat-Back,3923's,Kenwood MP3
Player,BFG-KO's.

For Sale: stock air box, K&N drop in filter,

Future Mods: 3.92 LSD, Thunderforms, RT rims/Tires, Fender Flares, JBA headers, Accel Ignition Coil, JBA Power Cables 8.5mm, IAT Adjuster, V8 Throttle Body. **************************************************************************** **