Re: Virgin DAK Owner!!

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 23:15:12 EST

Welcome! I am rather surprised that your e-mail got
through,actually,due to the fact that we have to
restrict the flow of e-mail from former GM and Ford
owners,because of the sheer volume that we receive! :)
You need to speak with Bernd. He is the authority on
mods for the 3.9 engine. Legend has it that he once
melted his engine down to molten metal in a blast
furnace and completely re-forged it by hand,to get rid
of a knock! :) Steve P.
--- M Smith <gtv684@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Y'all bunch of perverts!! Okay, now that I have
> your attention allow me to
> introduce myself. After dabbling with old Fords and
> Chevy trucks I finally
> came around to getting my first Dodge. It's a 95 CC
> 4X4 3.9 Auto and
> basically bone stock. I want to do some mods but
> nothing to outrageous....
>
> After lurking here for awhile I can see some new
> Autolites 3923 plugs and
> a 180 T-Stat are must haves along with a K&N.
> Right??!! I'll be needing a
> cat-back with some sound.....my last truck had a V8
> 305 with dual 26"
> glasspacks. Loud is okay, maybe not glasspack loud
> but I think the Gibsons
> are way to quiet!
>
> Can I put 31x10.5x15 tires on my DAK? How about some
> nerf bars (in black,
> thank you!), all I can find are ones for the Gen III
> models. My seat is
> broken down a bit, musta been a fairly weighty
> previous owner. What will
> fit?
>
> Looks like a great site, lot's of very helpful
> people and a great sense of
> humor to boot. Guess I'll be getting a DML sticker
> for the back glass!
>
> Mark
> Valdosta, GA
> 95 CC 4X4
> V-6 Auto

> http://messenger.msn.com

=====
2001 Dodge Dakota 4X4 Sport RC,Flame Red/4.7L V8/45RFE auto/3.92 limited-slip/16" aluminum wheels/Infinity CD-cassette system.