Re: Tow Hooks

From: Mr. Plow (adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 11:56:33 EST

Well, the 2001 hook setup from the dealer "should" work. Just make sure the
'01 set is good for the quadcab and everything that is the same as your
truck, just with the different year.
However, if you feel like cutting a couple small holes in the plastic fascia
of the bumper, and buying some inexpensive yet strong aftermarket hooks, you
can do it that way too. Cause that's what i did, and it was way cheaper.
You have to get some 3/8 or 1/2" plate steel that you attach the hooks to,
then bolt each plate onto the frame rail on either side.
I think when i go to the BBQ at Jon's this year, we'll put it up on the
hoist, and someone with a digicam can take a bunch of pics of my setup.

Sound like a plan Jon? :)

The Adam Blaster
(P.S. My setup has served me well in the last 2 years, and through some
very rough pulls.)