V8 TB swap and ignition stuff! : ) blood too.

From: Punch (2punch.crash2000@AHM.com)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 16:41:47 EST

well, got some supplies from speedtweaks, and installed them today.

1. Accell coil, basic swap! ( duh those are screw heads not bolts, 10mins
trying to find a socket that would fit)

2. distributor cap, and rotor, a friggen pain in the butt to get to! but I
managed.

3. JBA 8.5mm wires, another basic install except for that wire holder that
is wedged behind the brake booster buried under some other wires, couldn't
get in there to open it, so I just cut the old wires!

4. V8 TB swap into V6, was worried about this, but it went smooth also!

5. V8 TB cable. @$#@$#@$^#$@ 10 min swap my ass! I spent more time trying
to get this thing changed then on all the other stuff. I don't fit so well
under my dash. there is a heater duct in the friggen way! Then I tore my
skin open, (actually made a sound as it ripped) while trying to get the new
one into that hole that is way to deep into the engine compartment, caught
my hand on some bolt sticking out from the firewall! ^&%&^.. time for a
break ,and to wash the wound! climbed on top the fan shroud, and with one
hand, wrist, arm bent into a shape it shouldn't be, I got the clip lined up
with the hole, but didn't have enough leverage to push it in! finally, as
above and a long ass screw driver I got the puppy in the hole : )

6. realized I was wearing a good pair of jeans, not anymore!

punch, blooded and battered but happy, because I did it on my own!

p.s must change sig...........

**
98 Dakota,CC,V6,Amethyst,Homebrew,DynoMax Cat-Back,3923's,Kenwood MP3
Player,BFG-KO's,Accel Ignition Coil.

For Sale: stock air box, K&N drop in filter,

Future Mods: 3.92 LSD, Thunderforms, RT rims/Tires, Fender Flares, JBA headers, JBA Power Cables 8.5mm, IAT Adjuster, V8 Throttle Body. **************************************************************************** **