Re: Tire Question

From: KenCo (kenco.fish@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 18:17:37 EST

jkp61 wrote:

> I know Wal-mart, Autozone, Advance, big retailers etc. buy massive
> quantities of parts from suppliers so they can dictate the price and
> quality, especially automotive parts.

if you owned a manuf. co. and a local auto parts orders 12 water pumps
and a national chain ordered 3 truckloads would you sell to both at
the same price?
thats why prices are lower ;)

spark plugs are usually sold at cost as a "lead in loser" because
there betting you will get a cap, rotor, wires etc. and they will
recover the lost profit on them.

>Does anyone know if this goes the same
> for tires? Wal-mart has a real good price on some Goodyear and B.F.Goodrich
> tires and I was just wondering if they were the same quality tire that you
> got from other suppliers. Any info appreciated, Thanks, jkp

if its the same type i.e. Radial Rover, then there all the same
as opposed to Goodyear Advantage, that is a chain store brand only.