More on Dak speakers.......

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Apr 06 2002 - 23:32:08 EST

I really like the idea of opening up the front speaker
holes to 8". That would allow much deeper and more
powerful bass response. Do you have to change the
stock grille to do that,or do you just enlarge the
hole,stick an 8" speaker in there,and pop the door
panel on the way it is? Mine`s a 2001,so it has a
different door panel than a `99 and it might not even
work. One last thing: What did they do to the Infinity
system between 1999 and 2001? I can`t put my finger on
it,but it doesn`t sound the same. It seems to have
about the same power level as before,and the speakers
seem to be the same (although the tweeters are now
moved up in front of the window). But it sounds like
maybe the treble is too glossy and has less detail,or
part of the upper midrange is gone. It`s not a drastic
difference,just enough to make me wonder exactly what
I`m not hearing. Steve P.

=====
2001 Dodge Dakota 4X4 Sport RC,Flame Red/4.7L V8/45RFE auto/3.92 limited-slip/16" aluminum wheels/Infinity CD-cassette system.