Re: More on Dak speakers.......

From: Jim Miller WB5OXQ (wb5oxq@clearsource.net)
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 01:14:06 EST

I used a jig saw to cut out the opening to 7.5" dia that is what my 8s fit
in. You have to ofset the hole a little to clear the window track but the
door panel covers the speaker just fine and I did not change the grills
because the hole is big enough to allow all the sound to come through with
no problem. It sure does make lots more bass in the truck than before even
if you use a separate sub the overall improvment is great. You will have
enough depth for eny speaker you want to use. I believe there is about 7 or
more inches of depth behind the speaker. Mine is a 99 but I expect the
grill opening will be ok on yours since it is a gen III. Do not try this on
older models. I do not know about the Infinity system though.
Jim in Waco.