Performance mods make my truck run worse.

From: Wes Weems (wweems@fix.net)
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 17:42:29 EDT

Ok, in the past year and a half that I've owned my 3.9l dak sport 4x4 rc, I
have realized that anything I've ever done to it, to make it have more power
or run better, makes it run way worse... here are some of the things I've
done to it.

3-4 diff versions of the k&n cold air intake, that sensor relocation, the
map sensor box or whatever that was that bernd made... diff fuels, diff
stations, diff oil types, diff plug types... and my conclusion... well... I
put everything back to bone stock, and 87 gas... and I swear the damn thing
has never run better... when I had the k&n on it, it pinged like a son of a
bitch....

Right now I AM running the autolite 3923 plugs... I was just curious as to
if somone could recommend anything that could actually improve performance,
or maybe why its acting like it is.

Wes