Re: RE: Dakota Canceled - COLORADO coming

From: dwmagnum (dwmagnum@mountaincable.net)
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 20:26:17 EDT

Park your Dak beside a new or even old Ram, size wise they are not even
close. Price wise, it depends on how you order it. Match up the body
style, model, and options and you will see - the Ram is a lot more.
Cancelling the Dak - Come on - Do you really think that DC is going to
do it with GM droping the S-10 to bring out the new (Dakota sized)
Colorado. DW

Ronald Wong wrote:

> Not only is the size of the Daks close to the Rams but also the price. In
> many cases, the buyer can shell out a couple thousand and move up to a Ram
> instead of a Dak. Years ago, but as close as 2K the Dak sported an interior
> that was nearly as big as the Ram but more versatile but that has changed.
> That would be a very good reason why Daks could be phased out by a smaller
> "mini" truck.
>
> As for the Durangos and Cherokees they are going to increase in size either
> by model, new or enhanced, but increase nevertheless. Word has it that the
> interior Durango and/or the Cherokee space will be increased by 25% next
> year to at least try and catch the Suburbans, Expeditions, etc. Since the
> wheelbase isn't slated to be changed to that degree the only way they can go
> is up so you know what kind of a balanced vehicle that will make! :-(
>
> Ron
> 00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD

Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/