Re: exhaust type

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 20:54:00 EDT

Flowmaster 50 DF went on my '99 318 this weekend. I like the sound - it's not
obnoxiously loud, but you know it's there. Left all the original piping on the
truck.

How "mean and loud" do you want to go? There's a point where it's obnoxious for
both passengers and your neighbors. I don't think I'd go louder than the FM 50
on my truck. To be honest, I think your best bet is to listen to trucks that
have the exhausts you're considering and see what they sound like.

If you're still on the original muffler, be ready for a struggle in taking the
old one out. I brought my truck & muffler out to Jon's this weekend "for some
help" and it turned into Jon pulling out the plasma cutter and ripping into the
pipes. It was not a pretty sight - a catback is definitely worth the extra
price, as it'll be much less trouble.

For the folks who were at Jon's Saturday, it seems to have gotten deeper, and I
can hear it in-cab a little more now. Guess it needed to break in.

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com