Re: knock, knock...

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 12:14:53 EDT

If it doesn't knock with 89 octane, go back to 89 octane. If it isn't
pinging or knocking with 89, there is no need to go up to 93 unless you just
want to say you run 93 octane. If you have a tank full of 87 right now, dump
a bottle of quality octane boost in it and it that should bring the octane up
for you. HTH

The other Will

<< I have an engine knock that I can not get rid of. 98
 318 I have a jacobs pro street ignition running
 3923's. (using 87 octane)If I get on it a little more
 than half throttle going up hill she will start to
 knock until I let off. If I continue using only a
 little throttle she is fine. I do not want to settle
 for a truck that has the power to hall butt but can't
 because of knock.
 Should I just go back to running 89 octane. Just put
 in the 3923's but did not help much.

 TIA
 Brian >>