Re: Re: R/T Rims and 285/60/17 P Zero's

From: Robert Schultz (robert_schultz@excite.ca)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 20:59:36 EDT

Thanks guys. I forgot to give the important info like it is 2WD, 4.7l
manual. The only current mod is the Hurst shifter.

Does anyone know what sizes the dealer can set the speedo for? If the tires
are bigger, then the speedo is 3% low right?

I don't know if my wife will like the idea of me having a higher top end.
The truck has gone too fast for her in the past.

Rob S.

"Blakdak" <blakdak@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Rob,
>
> I'm running Michelin SUV 275-55/17 on RT rims. They're expensive, but I
live
> in northern Maryland and we have 4 seasons. I have a 2k, 4X2, 4.7L, manual
> with light mods and this is a good setup for me ( I drive 130 miles a
day).
> With the 275-55/17 there is a ~3% speedo error that the dealer cannot
> correct, but that error is very tolerable. The overall tire height is ~29
> inches (there is no rub at either end of the steering lock); my 4 wheel
ABS