Re: Re: canadian online parts?

From: Robert Schultz (robert_schultz@excite.ca)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 20:55:15 EDT

Couple of thoughts on that.

I ordered the Hurst shifter from summit. Over the border, shipping and
GST/PST it was cheaper than the local shop by over a hundred$$.

There shouldn't be much (any) duty on auto parts under the free trade act.

Do not allow people to ship your parts via UPS. The brokerage they charge is
extreme (obscene) and on smaller goods can exceed the cost of the item.

FedEx is good for getting stuff over the border without brokerage charges.

Rob S.

Thanks for the online hints. I've been wondering, but never thought to ask.