Re: Belly pan gasket (was knock,knock)

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 16:29:23 EDT

If you can get your hands on one (they can be hard to come by), replace the
intake with a Mopar M1 2BBL intake. It'll be the same amount of work and
you'll never have to worry about it again. Check with Fastman at
http://www.thefastman.com/ - usually runs about $300 which will be the full
install kit.

"brian tully" <btully2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> How long would it take to replace this by myself. I
> have a week off coming up and instead of letting the
> trusty dealer look at it I may want to save some
> money. I have done an intake manifold gasket on a
> olds 307,(85) but that was pretty straight forward if
> I have to pull the distributer I may ask around to see
> how pricy this will be.
> TIA
> Brian
> ps. anyone know of a real good mechanic in the Bergen
> count are of NJ?
>
> =====
> 98 intense blue sport cc 4x4, 318, K&N, Jacobs pro street ignition, Rapid
flow exhaust, Rancho 9000's w/dual remote.