Brian-intake belly pan gsket

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (patrickandkelly@erols.com)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 10:40:21 EDT

"How long would it take to replace this by myself. I
have a week off coming up and instead of letting the
trusty dealer look at it I may want to save some
money. I have done an intake manifold gasket on a
olds 307,(85) but that was pretty straight forward if
I have to pull the distributer I may ask around to see
how pricy this will be.
TIA
Brian "

Brian-
  Leave the better part of a day to do it, or take it apart one evening,
clean everything up,
then put it together the next morning.
  The distributor stays in the truck, no need for removal. Now is the
time for new cap, wires, rotor,
plugs, belt, water pump if it's leaking, front crank seal, valve cover
gaskets. The valve covers dont have to come off for this job either,
and I'd leave them on to make sure no crud falls in. Other hints: Blow
compressed air along the sealing edges of the intake to the heads so
when you lift the intake, no crud falls into the lifter valley.
  I couldnt find any parts aftermarket, use the parts list on the tsb
and get everything from your dodge dealer: he may have to order it
overnight.
  The antifreeze has to be drained for the job, you could change the
radiator and heater hoses now, also.
Patrick