AIM Industries (not lift kits!!)

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 17:09:45 EDT

Hey guys,
    I have been looking at AIM Industries and have been thinking about using
them to lower the front of the Dakado. I have seen several other trucks (not
a Dakota yet though!) that have AIM Industry parts on them. They seem like
well made parts and I have yet to find someone who lowered (notice I said
lowered) their truck and had any problems with AIM Industry. I have talked
to one guy who used Chasis Tech on his 93 Dakota regular cab, and he said he
had to do some machining to make the brake calipers clear and he thought the
spindle were kinda thin for the extra stress a lowered spindle places on the
ball joints. Other than that, he had no problems with the products from
Chasis Tech. AIM seems to be one of the few companies that makes parts for
the superior Gen-II dakota. :oP I have installed AIM products as well, on a
97 GMC regular cab 1500 for my bro-in-law. The parts were well made and they
went on with no problems. I know about the situation with Knobbyman and have
been keeping up with the posts over on the other board. I am seriously
thinking about a spindle/spring combo to bring the front end down about 4" or
I might go with a spindle/airwave combo so I can get an adjustable front
suspension. I will probably go with the spindle/spring idea since I don't
think it would be much fun if a bag busted or an air line came loose while
running down the 1/4 mile. Anyone ever actually use AIM parts? What are the
pros/cons of them? And please, I don't want to start a "let's bash AIM b/c
Ian screwed over Knobbyman" thread. It would be nice if we could stick to
the opinions of the products for lowering, not the might be azzhole that
makes them. d;o) Thanks.

The other Will