fiberglass

From: MAGNUM S/T (kevinhoegen@email.com)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 15:38:49 EDT

Hello all,

I would like to do some fiberglass work on the Mag S/T but have NEVER worked
with fiberglass before. I have seen custom grilles for the Daks and in
particular the ones which are missing the center crossmembers....I thought
maybe I could simply cut mine out and repair those points with fiberglass to
make a homemade grille??
To be honest, I don't even know where I would buy one of these new, but I
ASSUME it would be cheaper if I made it myself....and it would provide a
sense of pride one doesn't get from simply opening the wallet :)

So, if you can offer any technical assistance, websites, products regarding
fiberglass/plastic grille repair....or even the final painting (although I
had planned to bring the finished work to the local body shop for a pro
paint job) I am all ears.

If all goes well with this project I may "ATTEMPT" to make a custom fin for
the tailgate...or at least modify an aftermarket one....aint the summertime
great.

Thanks all

--
Kevin