Re: Cat question?

From: Mark (Gilpin.MCKnospam@lycos.com)
Date: Sun Apr 14 2002 - 17:48:08 EDT

Well, if a person were to do such a thing, (I have no idea who that would
be), they would take the cat off and use a bar or pipe and smash the ceramic
core into pieces small enough to come out. Sounds like yours is already
broken loose, so you wont have far to go. But, then you have to disable the
rear O2 sensor or you will get a trouble code. Companys make "Cat boxes"
that simulate rear O2 signals (for off road use only, of course), but I cant
think of the names right now. Anyone??

Mark

"Mike Styer" <m_styer@go.com> wrote in message

> How do you gut your catalytic converter? My cat is making that marble in
a coffee can sound when I let off the throttle, so I want have a little more
air flow without removing the cat from the exhaust line so i can pass the
visual inspection here in PA (We don't have emissions testing in my county)
I know some folks here on the list have done it....

> By the way, the marble in the coffee can sound is the same a piece of pea
gravel being dropped in a Saturn's 5" exhaust tip an making its way into the
muffler :)