Cat question?

From: Mike Styer (m_styer@go.com)
Date: Sat Apr 13 2002 - 23:08:46 EDT

How do you gut your catalytic converter? My cat is making that marble in a coffee can sound when I let off the throttle, so I want have a little more air flow without removing the cat from the exhaust line so i can pass the visual inspection here in PA (We don't have emissions testing in my county) I know some folks here on the list have done it....

By the way, the marble in the coffee can sound is the same a piece of pea gravel being dropped in a Saturn's 5" exhaust tip an making its way into the muffler :)

Mike S.
1993 V6 5 speed