Re: Welding exhaust WAS Cat question?

From: John (jkp61@horizonview.net)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 08:31:31 EDT

A MIG welder would be excellent for working on your exhaust, but if you have
no experience I would definitely practice on things that didn't matter
first. Local vocational schools offer courses or maybe you know someone that
could show you a few tips, because if you aren't careful you can end up with
a mess and a bunch of worthless parts. Then again, that would be an excuse
for a new performance exhaust system!!;-) A friend of mine has a small MIG
that runs off of 2 12volt batteries. We patched up my exhaust on an old
beater in the parking lot at work. Would definitely come in handy for trail
fixes!!!!
Take Care & Keep On Truckin'~~~~~John
    <<'96 Dakota Sport 4X4, 3.9L 5spd>>