Re: Consumer Reports

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 00:19:16 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dennis & Becky Anderson" <whatelse@qwest.net>
To: <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 11:59 PM
Subject: DML: Consumer Reports

> I have observed over the years that Consumer Reports
> consistently recommends Japanese vehicles over American and
> some European vehicles. I assume these findings are based
> on their own scientific testing as well as on reports from
> their annual automobile owners' surveys. Is Japanese
> design, engineering, manufacturing, and quality assurance
> really that much better that American ? <snip>

Yeah, what he said ! I have several friends with Hondas and Toyotas and
believe me, they have their share of problems. What really bugs me though
is they blow this stuff off as normal wear and tear. They seem so caught
up in the myth that Japanese cars are superior they can't bring themselves
to believe they could suffer the same poor quality parts, engineering or
sloppy assembly that affects nearly every car brand to some degree.
Anyone been reading about the sludge problem in Toyotas?

I feel better now.:)

Ray
"I used to have a handle on life, but it broke."